The UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam is a highly competitive recruitment examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to select candidates for the position of Assistant Commandant in various Central Armed Police Forces like the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Here is a general overview of the examination process and the final result announcement:
1. **Application Process:** The UPSC releases an official notification detailing the exam dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, and application procedure. Interested candidates submit their applications online through the UPSC official website within the stipulated time frame.
2. **Admit Card:** Once the application process is completed, eligible candidates receive their admit cards which contain details about the examination date, time, and venue.
3. **Written Examination:** The first stage of the selection process is a written examination, usually held on a designated date. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions covering various subjects like General Ability and Intelligence, General Studies, English, and Essay Writing.
4. **Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests:** Candidates who clear the written examination are then required to undergo physical standards and physical efficiency tests, including activities like running, long jump, high jump, etc. These tests are crucial as they assess the physical fitness of the candidates for the demanding roles of Assistant Commandants.
5. **Interview/Personality Test:** Candidates who qualify the physical tests are shortlisted for the interview/personality test stage. This stage evaluates the candidate’s overall suitability for the position of Assistant Commandant.
6. **Final Result:** After considering the performance of candidates in the written examination, physical tests, and interview/personality test, UPSC prepares a final merit list. This list ranks candidates based on their cumulative performance throughout the selection process.
7. **Appointment:** Candidates who secure a position in the final merit list are appointed as Assistant Commandants in the respective Central Armed Police Forces based on their preferences and the available vacancies.
The final result announcement includes the names, roll numbers, and ranks of candidates who have successfully cleared all stages of the selection process. This information is generally published on the UPSC official website. Selected candidates receive further instructions regarding the joining process, training, and other formalities.
here are the important dates for the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam based on the information you provided:
– Application Begin: 20/04/2022
– Last Date for Apply Online: 10/05/2022 Upto 06:00 PM Only
– Last Date Fee Payment: 10/05/2022
– Exam Date: 07/08/2022
– Admit Card Available: 15/07/2022
– Result Available: 16/09/2022
– PET PST MST RME Admit Card Available: February 2023
– Final Result Available: 07/08/2023
The application fee structure for the UPSC Combined Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Assistant Commandant Exam is as follows:
– General / OBC candidates: ₹200/-
– SC / ST candidates: ₹0/- (Exempted from payment)
– All Category Female candidates: ₹0/- (Exempted from payment)
Candidates falling under the SC, ST, and Female categories are exempted from paying the application fee.
The application fee can be paid through the following modes:
1. **Debit Card**: Candidates can use their debit cards to make the payment online.
2. **Credit Card**: Payments can be made using credit cards as well.
3. **Net Banking**: The fee can be paid through net banking from any bank account.
4. **E-Challan**: Candidates can also choose the option of E Challan, where they generate a payment challan and pay the fee at any State Bank of India (SBI) branch.
here is the description of the distribution of vacancies among different departments for the UPSC Combined Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Assistant Commandant Exam:
1. **Border Security Force (BSF):** There are a total of 66 vacancies available for the post of Assistant Commandant in the BSF.
2. **Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF):** The CRPF has 29 vacancies for the post of Assistant Commandant in the CAPF exam.
3. **Central Industrial Security Force (CISF):** There are 62 vacancies available for the Assistant Commandant post in the CISF.
4. **Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP):** The ITBP has 14 vacancies for the Assistant Commandant position in the CAPF exam.
5. **Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB):** The SSB has the highest number of vacancies, with a total of 82 positions available for the post of Assistant Commandant.
here is the description of the eligibility criteria for the UPSC Combined Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Assistant Commandant Exam:
– Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized university in India. This means that the applicant should have completed their undergraduate education from a university that is recognized by the appropriate authorities in India.
The physical eligibility criteria for the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam typically involve standards related to height, chest measurements, and physical efficiency tests. It’s important to note that the exact physical standards can vary based on the specific CAPF and its requirements. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, here’s a general outline of the physical standards:
1. **Height and Chest Measurements:**
– The height requirements can vary based on the gender and CAPF. Generally, the minimum height for male candidates is around 165 cm and for female candidates is around 157 cm.
– The chest measurement is relevant for male candidates, and it’s typically measured when expanded. The minimum chest measurement can be around 81 cm (with expansion) for males.
2. **Physical Efficiency Tests (PET) and Medical Standards:**
– Candidates are required to undergo physical efficiency tests which may include tasks like running, long jump, high jump, etc. The standards for these tests can vary based on the CAPF.
– Additionally, candidates need to meet certain medical standards to ensure their fitness for the role of Assistant Commandant. These standards include criteria related to vision, hearing, overall health, and physical fitness.
The official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is https://upsc.gov.in/. This website serves as the primary online platform for all UPSC-related information, updates, and activities. Here’s a description of what you can typically find on the official UPSC website:
1. **Examination Information:** The website provides detailed information about various UPSC examinations, including the CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam, Civil Services Exam, Engineering Services Exam, and more. It includes the examination calendar, application details, syllabus, and eligibility criteria.
2. **Notifications and Advertisements:** The website publishes official notifications and advertisements related to upcoming examinations, recruitment, and other important announcements. This is where you can find the latest information on application dates, examination schedules, and results.
3. **Application Portal:** The UPSC website often has an online application portal where candidates can apply for various UPSC examinations. It allows candidates to submit their applications, pay fees, and access their application status.
4. **Results:** The website hosts the results of various UPSC examinations. You can find result announcements, cut-off marks, and other relevant information related to the selection process.
5. **Guidelines and Instructions:** The website provides guidelines and instructions for candidates regarding application procedures, eligibility, examination patterns, and interview processes. It’s a valuable resource for candidates to understand the requirements and expectations.
6. **Recruitment and Vacancies:** Information about job vacancies, recruitment rules, and detailed job descriptions for various positions, including the Assistant Commandant positions in the CAPFs, can be found on the website.
7. **Publications:** The website might offer links to UPSC publications, reports, and other relevant documents, providing valuable insights into the Commission’s activities and recommendations.
8. **Contact Information:** If you need to get in touch with the UPSC for queries, the website often provides contact information, including phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses.
**1. Q: What is the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam?**
A: The UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam is a competitive examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit Assistant Commandants in various Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) such as BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB.
**2. Q: What is the eligibility criteria for the UPSC CAPF Exam?**
A: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized university in India to be eligible for the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam. There are also specific physical standards that candidates need to meet, which vary depending on the CAPF they are applying for.
**3. Q: How can I apply for the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam?**
A: Candidates can apply online through the UPSC official website during the application period. The application process typically involves filling out the online application form, uploading necessary documents, and paying the application fee (if applicable).
**4. Q: What is the application fee for the UPSC CAPF Exam?**
A: The application fee for General/OBC candidates is usually ₹200, while SC/ST candidates and all female candidates are exempt from paying the fee.
**5. Q: What is the selection process for the UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam?**
A: The selection process generally involves a written examination, physical standards/efficiency test, interview/personality test, and a final merit list based on candidates’ performance in these stages.
**6. Q: Where can I find the admit card for the UPSC CAPF Exam?**
A: Admit cards are usually available on the UPSC website. Candidates can download them from the website when they are released.
**7. Q: When will the results be announced?**
A: The result dates are specified in the exam notification. Generally, written exam results, physical test results, and the final result are announced on different dates. Candidates can check the UPSC website for result updates.