We’re looking for committed and careful Cleaners to join our team. Your job will be to keep different places clean and hygienic. Cleaners are important for making sure our spaces are tidy, safe, and friendly for everyone. We need people who work hard, can follow cleaning rules, and are dedicated to doing a great cleaning job.
- Location : Grand Pré, Nova Scotia
- Salary : £16.00 to £18.00 per hour (negotiable) / 15 to 35 hours per week
- Job Type : Seasonal (Part-time) with flexible hours, including daytime, weekends, and on-call shifts. Starting as soon as possible.
- Benefits : Financial perks
- Openings : 1 position available
- Verified Job
- Language Requirement : Proficiency in English
- Education : No formal degree, certificate, or diploma required
- Experience : Prior experience is a plus
- This job is considered environmentally friendly because it involves tasks that contribute to a positive impact on the environment.
Location: Rural area
Industry: Hotel, motel, resort
Cleaning And Making Things Clean :
- Regularly clean by dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and polishing to keep the place tidy.
- Make sure to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, and handrails to stop germs from spreading.
Waste Management :
- Empty and tidy up bins, throw away rubbish and recycling as per the rules. Put in new bin liners and make sure the bins are clean and don’t smell.
- Make the toilets, sinks, mirrors, and counters in the restroom clean and germ-free. Also, make sure there’s enough soap, paper towels, and toilet paper available.
Taking Care Of Surfaces:
- Use the right cleaning products and tools for different surfaces, like windows, glass, mirrors, and stainless steel fixtures.
- Make sure the surfaces are clean and don’t have any streaks or smudges.
Taking Care Of The Floors:
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum the floors to get rid of dirt, dust, and mess.
- Make sure to clean and disinfect the floor mats and the entrance areas.
- Keep cleaning tools clean, working, and store them correctly after use. Tell the boss if any tools are broken or need fixing.
- Make sure you follow safety rules to keep yourself and others safe at work. Also, handle and store cleaning chemicals safely, following the proper guidelines.
- Talk well with your bosses, colleagues, and the people in the place you’re cleaning to discuss what needs cleaning, any problems, and changes that might be needed.
You need a high school diploma or something similar. Having cleaned or done housework before would be nice, but it’s not necessary.
Skills And Abilities:
- Attention To Detail : I possess a keen attention to detail, ensuring that every nook and cranny is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. This meticulous approach guarantees a spotless and safe environment for occupants.
- Time Management : I excel in managing my time efficiently, enabling me to complete cleaning tasks within established timeframes. This ensures that cleaning operations do not disrupt the daily routine of occupants or the overall workflow.
- Basic Knowledge Of Cleaning : I have a sound understanding of cleaning products, equipment, and techniques commonly used in the industry. This knowledge allows me to select the most appropriate tools and materials for each cleaning task, enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Adherence To Protocols : I have the ability to strictly adhere to cleaning protocols and guidelines. This ensures consistency in cleaning standards and helps maintain a high level of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Communication Skills : I possess strong communication skills, which enable me to effectively interact with team members and building occupants. Clear and concise communication is essential for coordinating tasks with colleagues and addressing any concerns or special requirements from occupants.
Job Responsibilities :
- Clean and shine floors by sweeping, mopping, washing, and polishing.
- Dust furniture to keep it clean.
- Vacuum carpets, rugs, curtains, and upholstered furniture.
- Make beds and change sheets.
- Provide fresh towels and toiletries.
- Keep the linen closet stocked.
- Clean, disinfect, and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances.
- Report any lost and found items.
- Assist guests with extra supplies and requests.
- Offer basic information about the facilities.
- Pick up debris and empty trash bins.
- Wash windows, walls, and ceilings.
- Address customer complaints and concerns.
- Security and Safety: Requires a criminal record check.
- Transportation/Travel Information: Must have your own transportation.
- Work Conditions: Involves working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, and performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks.
- Physical Capabilities: Requires attention to detail and a combination of sitting, standing, and walking. Standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, and kneeling may be necessary.
- Personal Qualities: Client-focused, dependable, possesses efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication, flexibility, initiative, reliability, teamwork, values and ethics, good judgment, organized, and punctual.
- Benefits: Includes financial benefits and gratuities.
Who Can Apply:
This job is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or temporary residents with a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, please do not apply, as the employer will not consider your application.
How To Apply
11611 Highway No 1Grand Pre, NSB0P 1M0Between 10:00 AM and 04:00 PM
Here Are The Steps To Apply :
1. Write a cover letter.
2. Include references that confirm your experience.
3. Answer these questions when applying:
- Are you a student?
- Can you legally work in Canada?
- Do you live near the job location?
- Have you worked in this field before?
1. What does a cleaner do?
A cleaner is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in various settings, such as homes, offices, schools, hospitals, and public spaces.
2. What settings do cleaners work in?
Cleaners work in a diverse range of settings including residential homes, commercial buildings, healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, and public spaces.
3. Do cleaners work alone or as part of a team?
Cleaners can work both independently and as part of a team, depending on the size of the cleaning project and the setting.
4. What types of cleaning products do cleaners use?
Cleaners use a variety of cleaning products including disinfectants, detergents, sanitizers, and specialized cleaners for different surfaces.
5. Is cleaning an environmentally conscious profession?
Yes, many cleaners are trained in eco-friendly cleaning practices and use environmentally friendly products to minimize their impact on the environment.
6. Can cleaners work flexible hours?
Yes, many cleaning jobs offer flexible hours, making it suitable for individuals seeking part-time or full-time work.
7. What qualities make a good cleaner?
Good cleaners possess attention to detail, strong work ethic, reliability, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.